Characterization of Polymeric Excipients with Size Exclusion Chromatography and Light Scattering
Join us for a webinar on September 21 at 8:00 AM PDT | 11:00 AM EDT | 17:00 CEST
Polymeric and other content can contribute up to 90% of the total mass in a pharmaceutical product, where excipients play a critical role in the drug’s performance. In just one example of the importance of excipient properties for therapeutic effect, the molar mass and degree of branching in polymeric excipients directly impact the rate of drug release.
In this webinar we show how conventional characterization techniques including size exclusion chromatography (SEC) and bulk viscosity measurements may fall short. The addition of light scattering analysis provides complete characterization of molar mass, viscosity, branching, conformation, conjugation, and size of excipients and other polymers.
Novel Ways of Screening Colloidal Nanoparticles Under Preclinical-Relevant Conditions
Join us for a webinar on October 3 at 8:00 AM PDT | 11:00 AM EDT | 17:00 CEST
Colloidal nanoparticles have shown tremendous potential as cancer drug carriers and as phototherapeutics. However, screening the stability of nanoparticles under physiological
and phototherapeutic conditions is a major challenge which needs to be addressed in order to ensure a successful clinical translation.
The design, development and implementation of unique programmatic screens using a high-throughput dynamic light scattering (HT-DLS) plate reader are described herein for automated hydrodynamic size measurements of colloidal nanoparticles. The data obtained from such measurements provide clinically-relevant particle size distribution assessments that are directly related to the stability and aggregation profiles of the nanoparticles under putative physiological and phototherapeutic conditions. Notably, those profiles are dependent not only on the size and surface coating of the nanoparticles, but also on their composition.
Follow us on or join one of our groups Social@Wyatt
Previous webinars may be viewed in our Webinar Library. The following recent webinars are now available:
- Absolute Characterization of Glycoproteins and their Interactions with Proteins and Antibodies by Light Scattering
- Essential Polymer Characterization with MALS and FFF
- Small, but bright: µSEC-MALS adds light scattering to UHP-SEC for biophysical characterization of biotherapeutics
- Characterizing Molecular Structure in Synthetic and Natural Polymers by Multi-Angle Light Scattering
- Innovations and Applications of UHP-SEC and Multi-Angle Light Scattering (MALS) for the Analysis of Biotherapeutic Proteins
- Advances in online viscometry: extending the limits of detection for intrinsic viscosity and hydrodynamic radius
- Biotherapeutics Form and Function: Case Studies in Light Scattering
- Characterizing Microgel Polymers and Nanostructures by Light Scattering
- Optimizing Protein Biotherapeutic Formulations with the Light Scattering Toolkit
- Measuring Size, Stability and Conformation of Biopolymers
- Drug Delivery Nanoparticles Illuminated: the Light Scattering Toolkit-Part 2, Online Measurements
- Techniques de diffusion de lumière pour l’étude et la caractérisation de composés biothérapeutiques
- Molmassen mit weniger Probe schneller und besser messen – mit dem neuen µDAWN Lichtstreudetektor für die UHPLC
- Verbessern Sie Ihre Proteinanalytik durch den Einsatz von Streulichtdetektoren
- Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4): A Powerful Alternative to SEC